A day at the beach is a great way to relax and enjoy the summer weather. But before you head out, make sure you pack all the essentials. In this blog post, we’ll share 10 essential items that every family needs for a day at the beach.
1. Eco-friendly beach tent: A beach tent is a must-have for any family beach day. It will provide you with a shady spot to relax and protect you from the sun’s harmful rays. Look for an eco-friendly beach tent made from recycled materials or natural fabrics. Naturally, we recommend The Crescent as the perfect choice for a great family day at the beach.
2. Sunscreen: Sunscreen is essential for protecting your skin from the sun’s harmful rays. Make sure to choose a sunscreen with an SPF of 30 or higher and reapply it every two hours, or more often if you’re sweating or swimming. If possible find a waterproof sunscreen.
3. Snacks and drinks to stay properly hydrated: Pack plenty of snacks and drinks for your beach day. Some good options include fruits like watermelon, vegetables, sandwiches, and water. If you’re planning on staying at the beach for a long time, you may also want to pack some lunch.
4. Towels: You’ll need a few towels for your beach day. One towel for each person is a good rule of thumb. You may also want to pack a beach blanket or mat to sit on.
5. Snorkeling gear: If you’re planning on snorkeling, be sure to pack your gear. This includes a mask, snorkel, and fins.
6. Other beach toys: Beach toys are a great way to keep kids entertained at the beach. Some popular options include sand buckets, shovels, pails, balls, soccer balls, and Frisbees. Books are great for adults too, but to keep kids entertained you’ll need plenty of playful options.
7. First-aid kit: A first-aid kit is always a good idea to have on hand, especially if you’re going to be spending time at the beach. Be sure to pack bandages, antibiotic ointment, pain relievers, and other basic first-aid supplies.
8. Bug spray: Bug spray is essential for protecting yourself from mosquitoes and other pests at the beach.
9. Hat and sunglasses: A hat and sunglasses will help further protect you from the sun’s harmful rays.
10. Portable cooler: A portable cooler is a great way to keep your food and drinks cold at the beach. It’s not necessarily essential but it will greatly improve the quality of your experience if you plan on spending a long day at the beach.
These are just 10 of the essential items you need for a family beach day that you can use as a checklist. Be sure to pack other items that you think your family might need, such as a beach chair, or boogie board. With a little planning, you can be sure to have a sun-safe fun and relaxing day at the beach.